09 August 2013

Happiness Happens Day 9–An Organized Life

Haha! That title makes me sound like I’m not a total basketcase. That’s so not true. I’m losing my mind. 

I have been trying (and mostly failing) to stay calm and level-headed about this adoption. I’m trying to stay grounded in the reality that while everyone involved is 99% positive that this is a sure deal, nothing in adoption is a sure deal until all of the paperwork is signed. And that’s a long way off still.

So, even if this adoption was to fail (heavenforbid) there is some good news. My life is pretty organized right now because I’ve done the following things to keep myself busy the last few weeks:

1. My house is clean—swept, mopped, vacuumed, dusted, sanitized, organized, and decluttered.

2. My grocery shopping and food storage are all caught up. I even put together several crock-pot freezer meals to cut down on prep time later this fall. I can’t wait to try that homemade chili!

3. I’m ready for school. I have organized my classroom and written three weeks of lesson plans for a substitute and even made copies of all the worksheets, etc. The only thing I need now are my class lists so that I can make a seating chart.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Impressive!

7aura7 said...

You're amazing! Some of us basket cases would sit around all day munching chocolate truffles and watching shows to keep our minds off the anxiety! What a crazy, happy, stressful, exciting, terrifying, wonderful time this must be :) My thoughts are with you always

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

Laural- that's the plan for next week when she's not born on time and I run out of other things to occupy my mind. Of course, it's one o'clock in the morning and I've been up reorganizing my photo albums so I really don't know what's wrong with me. I'm seriously losing my mind.

Grace said...

That is quite the preparation! Good for you to get those meals ready, they help so much! I hope everything works out for you, I've been thinking about you a lot. :)