Jake went back to work today. He didn’t want to, but he had to do what he had to do.
I knew that being a new mom was going to be hard and that changing my sleeping patters would make me tired, but it has been so much easier because of the help of good friends and family members. I did start to get a little overwhelmed on the 15th, our first full day home by ourselves, but it got so much better with help!
I was clingy-- clarification: I am clingy-- and I didn’t want to put her down, even to shower. It was a huge relief when Amanda brought dinner and came over to watch Lillian so I could get myself together. Then Aunt Alex showed up with homemade bread and brownies and made rolls for me too.
Both grandmas have made trips to the store for us and helped hold and cuddle while I laid down or tried to relax. Thank goodness for grandmas! We have plenty of bottles, a beautiful bassinet, new, cute outfits to put her in, and when we realized that we were missing some other essential baby gear, others were quick to loan us theirs until we can get our own. It has been a huge life saver! Jake’s brother even came and mowed the lawn first thing this morning before going off to work at his two paying summer jobs!
By the way- on the 15th we took her back to the doctor like we promised we would. He said she was doing great. She was already beginning to gain back the weight that she lost the first night. She’s looking great and her SGA isn’t going to be a problem! Yea!
1 comment:
This is so wonderful to read about :) Thank you for posting. I realize things are pretty crazy for you and little Lil. She's such a beautiful ray of sunshine. I'm so happy for you guys!!!
Post a Comment