20 November 2010

Snow Man

Last night it started to snow. The fat, fluffy flakes drifted slowly from the sky, covering the world in a heavy vanilla frosting of ice crystals. When I went to bed last night, the snow was still tumbling silently from the low clouds. I love the silence of snow. It never makes a sound as it cloaks the world in a cape of white peacefulness and sparkling beauty.

 

This morning, all cozied up in my bed with Frank the Fat Cat, I was dozing in and out of blissful unconsciousness when I heard a loud creaking and rumbling.  A few minutes later there was a repetitive scratching sound outside my bedroom window. I knew instantly what it was. It was Garrett. Wonderful sweet Garrett came by this morning to shovel the snow from my driveway and porch. This is what I saw when I peeked through the window blinds. 

I quickly pulled on some clothes and ran to the kitchen to start the water boiling. After he finished the shoveling, he came inside for a warm cup of Stephen’s Belgian Dark Hot Cocoa and a little conversation.  What an easy way to repay him for his kindness! I am thankful for such good friends who take such good care of me! 

Thank you Garrett!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, what a guy! A great surprise to wake up to.

Mom said...

Katie my heart is over flowing with appreciation for Garret taking such good care of you. He is a great friend and I feel like I owe him something for his kindness as well. You and Jacob are very lucky to have a friend like that. Maybe I will make him a plate of deviled eggs I know he like them.

7aura7 said...

What a sweetheart! Yay for Garrett!
We got snow here last night as well. But the odd thing was, I could actually hear it. I'm used to silent snow, like you mentioned, but this snow was icy enough that it almost sounded like rain. Weird!

The Cook Clan said...

So nice for people to help out! Nothing like a nice cup of hot cocoa after being outside in the cold!

Larry & Sherrie Laub said...

You guys are a cute couple. I think your folks are in our ward now. They made some big changes. Happy Holidays!