19 November 2010

I LOVE Harry Potter!

Harry-Potter-and-the-Deathly-Hallows-Part-1

 

Just got home from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1!! It was fabulous.  I won’t give away any spoilers other than to say the characters are all looking quite grown up and mature which was very nice. :) I laughed, I cried, I jumped, I gasped, I probably even screamed a little. It was an easy movie in which to become completely absorbed.

This movie was as dark and scary as the book and I am especially appreciative of Kennedy, who is 9, because she let me hold her hand during the scary parts. I was squeezing her hand tighter than she was squeezing mine! Of course, I knew what was going to happen because I’ve read the book and so I had the benefit of pre-scared where as she got to experience it all for the first time. 

It totally ended with a perfect cliff-hanger so that now we are all desperately counting down the days until the second half comes out (supposedly in July).  Here’s a dilemma: should I buy the two parts separately on DVD or wait until they both come out and buy them together?  Or do both? After all we own two copies of each Lord of the Rings movie. Maybe I should have multiple copies of each Harry Potter movie too?  I don’t know.

What I do know is that was one well done movie. I love Harry Potter!

4 comments:

Cami Sue said...

Yeah! I was hoping it would be good. We are going to go today so your post makes me even more excited. I read all the books through this year and read the Deathly Hallows for the first time so I knew a little of what to expect (rather than going in with no expectation and no knowledge of what happens in the end). I think the end of the Deathly Hallows really bothered me so I'm glad I read it rather than seeing it on screen for the first time.

Again Yeah! Thanks for the review.

Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake said...

We have two copies of Lord of the Rings because one is the original release and the other is the extended version, who wouldn't want to add another hour to the movie?

Alex said...

Jake, you sound like Brant. We saw and extended release of Avatar at Target the other day, and the only reason he didn't buy it on sight was that I told him he is not allowed to buy things for himself this close to Christmas.
That said... I would totally buy an extended release of any and all Harry Potters... even though I already have all the DVDs.