Where to begin??? This movie was … really cute, … really funny, … really clever, … really French.
I’ll admit that I kind of believe in stereotypes- if they didn’t fit a majority of people, they wouldn’t be stereotypes right? Anyway, when I think of how the French are more romantic and less conservative in demonstrating their passions, I will forever think of this movie. This movie had quite a bit of female nudity in it and a couple of very strange sex scenes. Which just make it that much more. . .French, I guess.
But it was adorable!
The movie was narrated almost entirely by an unseen author, who explains in his best, most beautiful bed-time-story-telling voice, what all of the characters are thinking and feeling. Amelie is a lonely, but very clever, little girl who grows into a lonely, but very clever, young woman. She begins to notice that the people around her are not living their lives to their potential and so she begins to meddle with them in an attempt to make their lives better, (or worse, depending on what motivates them). Some of her results are hysterical!!! Like when the grocer can’t get into his bathroom because she changed his door handle, or when her father’s garden gnome starts to send him pictures from other countries!! I wish that I was half as clever, or as cute as she was.
Because of the high volume of naked women and the fact that the one guy worked in a porn shop (why couldn’t it have been a gas station or something???) I would rate this movie a
![]()
out of 5.
1 comment:
i wish i had the facial expressions of Amelie. They are precious and priceless.
i am glad that you enjoyed it. Not all the movies i recommended have nudity, btw :)
Post a Comment