17 January 2010

Wow -- I'm a slacker!

I can't believe that I haven't posted in over a month and a half! Life has been busy around here though. I think I'll start in the present and work my way backwards through December.

First of all, the first semester of the school year is over!! We're halfway through the school year, which is very exciting. I have never been as challenged in my work as I have been this year and I will be glad to look back at an entire year and know that I survived. Jake came into school on Friday night and helped me finish up my paperwork. I've spent this weekend working on plans for second semester.

Second, we've entered our second trimester of the pregnancy! I can finally relax a little bit knowing that the time for the most miscarriages is in the past. At 14 weeks the baby is the size of a lemon, supposedly. People tell me I'm showing but they usually say that right after I've eaten lunch so I don't get too excited. My pants don't button comfortably though, so that shows progress. The kids at school are excited too. They can't wait to meet the baby. I keep telling them it won't be born until July but they don't seem to be listening. At least once a week they ask me if I'll bring it in to school to show them.

Onto Christmas! We had a very nice Christmas but I completely forgot to take pictures! We followed our usual tradition with Christmas Eve with my parents, Christmas day with Jake's parents, and then Christmas night at my aunt and uncels house. Jake bought us (himself) a pool table for Christmas. It's beautiful and is getting a lot of use. I spent at least 14 hours a day sleeping over Christmas break. :) We had a very nice time.

Not as nice as my sister Alex though! She is engaged! The wedding will be on February 26th, which is coming up really fast. Last Thursday, Annie and Donna came over to help us send invitations. They're good helpers and we were done in less than two hours. Now its time for Alison and I to put together the Bridal shower. Next Saturday we're going to Salt Lake to pick up Alex's dress which is getting altered.

Before Christmas I got to go to the Nutcracker Ballet with my mom and her friends. It was amazing. I have fallen in love with the ballet and can't wait to see another one. I have decided that I want to be a ballerina when I grow up. I'm also hoping that my baby is a girl so that we can go watch ballets together. Oh heck, even if it is a boy I'll still be dragging him to the ballet. It was great. Thanks for letting us know it was being performed Kaylene!


Well, that is my update. 2010 is going to be a busy, crazy year for us and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Ooh, I LOVE the ballet too! The nutcracker is one of my favs for sure. I even got Nate to take me to Swan Lake once. Beautiful! He wasn't too pleased to find out it was just over 3 hours. Oops! ;)

7aura7 said...

Thank you for the update! :) I'm so excited that you're out of the 2nd trimester. Glad school is going well too. My husband is so jealous of Jake's pool table!

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

Sara- don't tell Jake how long ballet's are. I plan on having him take me to one someday.

Laural- please tell Dave he is welcome to come play on our pool table any time he wants as long as he brings you and baby too!