We finally have some exciting news to share! We're pregnant! Well, Jake would make me clarify: I'm pregnant! I'm only 8 weeks along and I don't feel very pregnant. I get occasional evening nausea and I'm tired a lot, but I haven't thrown up yet for which I'm grateful. Nothing else seems different although I'm told that the baby is the size of a raspberry.
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving we got to see the heartbeat. That was pretty cool. This past Friday, the 4th, I got to see the heartbeat again. I was considered a high risk pregnancy because my body is very low on hormones like progesterone, but all seems well now. I have taken lots of different medicines to regulate my body so we're good to go.
We told our families on Thanksgiving and that was a lot of fun. Everyone had different reactions. Jake's parents and grandparents were so excited for this little "miracle". They looked at the spiritual side of this blessing. They are very excited for us to experience the joys of parenthood. My aunts, uncles, and cousins were excited a bit more cynical. We mostly got "Congratulations. . . no backing out now." and "Kids are a lot of work. Good luck." etc. Both reactions were kind of fun. Everyone is excited, especially my mom who wants to decorate the nursery as soon as possible.
If or when anything exciting happens I'll probably post about it. For now, it's back to the grind of daily life and just waiting to see what happens. . . : )
10 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! AS SOON AS I READ YOUR NEWS ON FB, I KNEW WHAT IT WAS AND TOLD GRANDPA DICK..."I'LL BET SHE'S PREGNANT!" GOOD THING HE DIDN'T BET AS I WIN!! LOVE YOU GUYS AND CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE PHOTO'S TO START APPEARING ON FB AND YOUR BLOG! I SO LOVE THIS TECHNOLOGY WHERE WE CAN KEEP UPDATED ON EVERYTHING GOING ON IN OUR FAMILIES! THANK YOU JESUS FOR YOUR BLESSINGS!! <3 <3 <3
I'm so excited for you guys :) And excited to see this nursery you and your mom come up with! It'll look like it's out of a magazine
Congratulations Katie!!!! So exciting. I'm glad your not sick yet. Your going to be an awesome mom. I love of hearing of new pregnancies especially first ones and miracle pregnancies:) Enjoy it all, it really is amazing!
Yeah Katie!!! I know exactly how you feel! Course we had that talk. What a blessing and little miracle. Hope that you continue to feel good and stay healthy.
Yes!! I've been waiting for a post like this since you started your blog!! I'm so excited for you two! Congratulations!
Katie and Jacob that is so exciting! You two will make excellent parents. I can't wait to see this little person!
YAY!!! Congratulations! I'm SO happy for you! I'm looking forward to all the updates! I love reading about babies and anything related. :)
Congratulations Katie!!! I'm so happy for you! Kids are great and they only get more and more fun.
Yea, thats so exciting!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys, congrats!!!!
Hey Katie, thanks so much for sending your sis my way. We snapped a few great shots today. Check them out on my photog site. Thanks again!!!!
Post a Comment