09 November 2011

Thankful for my problems

Well, first of all I feel that I need to apologize. I need to apologize to all the couples out there who have been struggling with fertility issues for a long time and have not been able to find a cure. How dare I complain and moan after one stressful weekend?! I am actually incredibly blessed. I have a diagnosis for one thing. It is actually quite comforting when a doctor can you tell you exactly what is wrong with you and how she is going to fix it. I recently met up with a friend who has been doing IVF for six months with no success. She is frustrated and upset and I don't blame her a bit. Listening to her struggles made me grateful for my own. The lesson I've learned: be thankful for my challenges in life because I can guarantee that someone in this big, wide world is worse off than me.

Speaking of fixing my problems: I went up to Boise on Tuesday and they began the IVF process. They put me under general anesthesia (oh how I both love and loathe anesthesia) and very carefully pulled out all of my multitude of eggs with a very sharp syringe thing.

Okay, so I don't actually know how it happened because I was in dreamland and never actually saw a thing. One moment the doctor is asking the nurse about her favorite vacation cruises and the next moment they were telling me that they were all finished. Kinda trippy.

Anyway, I talked to the IVF coordinator this morning and she said that everything looked like it was going well. I will go back up this weekend and then we cross our fingers and hope.

9 comments:

7aura7 said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you already!! Truly. Good luck!

Sherrie Laub said...

we will say alots of prayers for the both of you good luck

Sara said...

I heard a quote once that I loved and have told myself on occasion: "In the world, there is always going to be someone with problems worse than yours...but that doesn't mean that yours don't count." So, for instance, on a day when my kids are cranky and driving me up the wall and I feel horrible, I can make myself feel more horrible by saying, "Gee, I should be grateful, there are people in this world who don't have kids." And then I can remind myself that, yes, that's true. And yes, I AM grateful. But that doesn't mean today wasn't a rough day. And it doesn't mean that I don't deserve some chocolate/ a coke for surviving said day. :)


That big old long thing being said, I'm excited for you and hopeful for great things to happen! Love you!

Jennifer Eyring said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Jake as you go through this. Best of luck to you and the doctors!

Love Ya!

P.S. I love your story about the anesthesia. I remember when I was put under I woke up thinking "Is that it?.....That was fast." When in reality it was like 2 hours later. Like you, we also have a love/hate relationship.

Unknown said...

i have to say...i am slightly disappointed you won't have your own reality TV show. i probably would have invested in some sort of cable and broken my no TV rule JUST for your show. just sayin'

Keri said...

I'm keeping everything crossed for you. I'll even see if Alex will help out!

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

Thank you for all the good luck wishes. I feel very supported and loved!

jo- if I ever end up with a dozen children all the same age, then it is a pretty sure bet that a "stork" will be dropping off two of them at your house in the middle of the night. :)

7aura7 said...

Bah-ha-haaa! I would pay good money to see the look on Jennifer's face when she opens the door to find two crying newborns!! :D

The Cook Clan said...

Wahoo! Our fingers are crossed for ya!