I am sorry that I haven’t posted lately. I have discovered something frustrating about IVF. Like all other types of conception there is a waiting period before I know if I am pregnant or not. Grrr. I hate being patient.
In my case the waiting period is almost two weeks!! So, since embryo implantation was last Sunday I won’t know anything definite until next WEDNESDAY! And if you think that is long for you to wait, well, let me tell you… it is killing me!!! Every few hours I think, “gee I have to go to the bathroom again?” or “ooh, I am kind of sore today,” or “something smells really strong right now, I wonder if my nose is extra sensitive right now?” . I am very much a hypochondriac.
Anyway, for those of you who are being optimistic here are some statistics. There is a 58% chance of at least one of the two embryos sticking around to become a cute little person. There is a 15% chance of both little embryos sticking around.
For those of you who are more pessimistic here are some statistics for you: there is a 42% that neither embryo will stick around, and there is a 15% chance that both little embryos will be sticking around.
(As you can see, I haven’t made up my mind on the twins thing. Two for the price of one?! Yes!!! Eek, what am I thinking?!!?? Twins would be soooo cute!!! How could I handle it?! But. . . )
Okay, well, I’d better go twiddle my fingers in the other room. If I stay on my laptop any longer I’ll start creating one of those silly pregnancy tickers, and probably start shopping for nursery decorations, and looking at baby name websites. Oh wait, I’ve already done those things.
4 comments:
You are so cute!! You're making the waiting hard for me too!! I wanna know! Thanks for sharing all this with us. You guys are so great. Praying for you to get some good news on Wednesday!!
What a long two weeks! Praying for you guys, and thinking about you often <3
Thanks for the title of the blog because I got really excited for a second hoping for news. I hope the time passes quickly for you and that you have a positive result!!!
Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
Post a Comment