It’s been about four weeks since I lasted reviewed any movies, and in that time I’ve watched three Monday Night Movies. Some were good, some not so good. Here’s how they line up:
First off, Last Chance Harvey
Well, I gave it a chance. I watched it all the way through. Then I turned it off and gladly watched something else. I like movies that make me feel good, not annoyed, then stressed, then annoyed again. I give it 2 out of 5 stars. And that’s all I have to say about that because I wish it had been shorter and sweeter, much like this review.
Next, was The Duchess
Does Keira Knightly ever do a bad job?! I really liked this movie. I like any sort of historical romance, but this one was fabulous! Keira Knightly was beautiful, and the costumes were amazing. I totally got into all of the characters, even the Duke. I really liked that movie. It’s one that I would like to add to my collection someday. I’d give it 4.5/5 stars.
Finally, tonight’s movie was How to Train Your Dragon
WoW! OMG! AMAZING! I got two new movies in the mail this week so Alex helped me pick which one to watch tonight. The choices were this or a sappy love story. I was hesitant because it’s kind of an animal movie, but it was awesome. I don’t like animal movies because I hate, hate, hate, when something bad happens to the animals (can you say Where the Red Fern Grows?) and even cartoon animals like animated dragons can get to me. But this was such a good movie that I know I will be adding it to my movie collection. It’s a movie that I could watch over and over again. It was really witty and clever, the animation was good – although it resembled Avatar a bit, and it had me hooked from the very first scene. This is one of those movies that proves you’re never too old to love cartoons! 5 stars all the way!
1 comment:
How To Train Your Dragon is pretty much our favorite movie. We saw it twice in theaters (which is amazing in and of itself, b/c Jeremy never goes to the movies anymore) and we've watched it about a dozen times since we bought the DVD. It doesn't get old. And it's just so quotable! One of our favorites is "You just gestured to all of me." And the narration at the beginnning is hilarious. Good pick :)
Post a Comment