Table of Contents
11 May 2010
Chapter 11: She's HERE!!
After 16 hours of labor (which Mom didn't feel because of a WONDERFUL invention called an epidural) but being unable to dialate past a 4, Julia Abigail Schwabedissen came into this world via c-section. She was born at 1:45 p.m.
She weighs 3 lbs, 12 oz. She measures 16 inches long.
She currently resides in the Newborn Intensive Care Unit. She is hooked up to a ventilator which helps her breathe, though at last check she needs very little assistance.
She has ticklish feet and long fingers and toes. When tickled she spreads them all wide apart. She enjoys stretching out and kicking her feet. She can be visited by her parents at any hour of the day, though they are both getting ready to sleep for the first time in over 24 hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
Oh Katie & Jacob, She looks so precious & beautiful. I wish I was there. I am praying for you all, I love you all sooooooo MUCH! Heidi
Congratulations! There is nothing like seeing your new daughter for the first time. The love is unexplainable! We give Thanks that she is doing so well! Everything is lifted to Father's throne of Grace. The photos are wonderful to see and we so appreciate all your updates to those of us that are standing behind the scenes for news! Love You All In Christ Jesus Love! Grandma Betty & Grandpa Dick
I feel for your 16 hours! I don't know why we have to go thru that, but there must be a good reason. I am glad she is here and she looks so good. Thank you for sharing a beautiful moment.
Side note: Doyle's surgery got started, Then the Dr found that it would not work and they had to stop it, so he can have another surgery in a few weeks, or just not do it. So our day was not productive, but maybe for the best if the other procedure is better.
we love you.
She's beautiful!! Her little fingers and toes are so precious :) Now that you can actually see her kicking like an Olympic swimmer, Jake probably feels a bit more sorry for your innards!
Good job mommy, I hope you get a lot of much needed rest tonight, and Julia and Jake as well. You're an amazing little family. Love you!
Katie, thank you for the update. You are truly amazing. She looks like she is doing great. Seeing your pictures took me back into our NICU stay.:) What room are you in? I know they all look the same but by chance is it room 10? Well, enjoy tomorrow before they do the surgery. These moments are so precious. I have to say this, don't feel guilty when you have to rest. People said it to me all the time and it annoyed me but I always felt guilty when I had to leave her but you have to take care of yourself. Especially after a C-section. You strong, beautiful woman, you are all in our prayers tonight. Love you!
She is so precious! Congratulations!! Thank you so much for allowing me to come down and share such a wonderful moment. Love, love, love to you all!!
Oh Yay! I have been so restless for you all day. She is beautiful! What a precious gift from above! I am glad mom and baby are doing well considering all you have been through. Congratulations! We love you guys. See you soon! I am coming to visit as soon as you are ready for me. If tomorrow is not a good day, we are coming again for another appointment the end of next week. Let me know if you need anything from home. I am leaving for Boise tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. Love you guys!!! Congratulations again and again!
Congratulations! Wish we could come visit and help!
Congratulations! She's here at last! That's cool she can feel her toes being tickled. She sounds like a fighter. We'll keep praying for more miracles. Love you guys.
She looks so beautiful! That's funny that she likes to stretch her feet and be tickled. What a cutie!
YEAH! Congratulations! I'm glad she is doing so well right now. I can't believe they actually let you take pictures when she first came out. We only got pictures when we were holding Alex. Lucky! Enjoy the drugs that they give you after your c-section!
Congratulations on your beautiful bundle of joy!!! She is so sweet and precious. You are all in my thoughts and prayers and enjoy this time. There is nothing like first moments.
Danielle Barzee and family
Congrats you two!!!! She does seem like quite the fighter!!!! We will be praying for a miracle with precious little Julia. Thanks so much for the pics and update!
I'm so thankful you posted during this most difficult time. She sounds like a spunky lady. I think of you and pray for you. Be strong and faithful. I know you have God's love.
I have been thinkin about you and have everyone reading your blog at work! She is so sweet and precious! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! I love you and pray for your hearts to be comforted.
Hey, just wanted to clarify the above comment from "Curtis" was actually from me :) hope your day is going great.
Love,
Crystal
Welcome, Julia!
Congratulations, Jocab and Katie!
You can't go wrong with prayerful consideration of all of your decisions. (Thank goodness, because prayerful consideration is really all that we parents have.)
Please allow me to babysit sometime.
Congratulations Katie and Jacob! Baby Julia sure is a precious little miracle! You are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I wish you nothing but the best! Hugs!
Congratulations you guys, she truly is beautiful! We wish you the best and are keeping you in our prayers. Love Jordan & Ashley (my mom just gave me your blog address!)
Congrats Katie and Jake! I'm amazed at her condition. I was expecting to see tons of tubes and what not all around her. I'm impressed she's breathing fairly well already on her own! We'll keep you in our prayers as you continue to learn more of her condition and hope and pray for good news for you. Take care and enjoy your little girl:)
We have been thinking about about you guys and praying for you. I am glad that your precious one is here and having little trouble breathing. That is amazing! We are hoping for the best for your family and hope you know how much you are loved. Get well, Katie. C-sections are no fun!
Love, Karen Thompson
What can be said except that this is an amazing story. You are both such strong people and having such strong faith with help guide you through all that may happen. I feel honored to have shared this story with you. This has touched my life. I love you guys and think and pray for you all day. Take care of yourselves. Cathy Brown
Post a Comment