Well, its that time again. Time to start posting about our progress with infertility. We will be doing our second round of IVF this Friday when we implant our remaining two embryos. In order to prepare my body for the big event, and to make it believe that it is already a week or two pregnant, I need to take quite a few medications.
I begin every morning with four pills- a baby aspirin, a prenatal vitamin, one doxycycline and one Medrol.
Then I get an injection of progesterone. In my upper bottom. Where might that be you ask? Well sit up straight and put your hands on your hips. Where your thumb is touching is my “injection location”.
That needle is a bit hard to see. But nevertheless it is about 1.5 inches long. It only pinches a bit when it goes in, but several hours later I have deep muscle bruising that makes walking and transitioning from sitting to standing rather painful. Tonight I am trying some natural bruise remedies that have been recommended. I hope it works because I don’t like the idea of poking my bruises with needles. Ouch!
I have had no shortage of people asking to help with the injections. I wonder what it says about me when so many people want to stab my toosh with a big huge needle? Hmmmm. Anyway, Jacob helps when he can, and when he is unavailable my friend Amanda and my sister Alex both help out. Such good friends.
Then at night before bed I take one more Medrol and one more Doxy.
On Tuesdays and Fridays I get an evening poke of Estrogen as well. What fun times!
This will all continue until this Friday. After the embryo transplant, I have two more weeks of progesterone injections daily, progesterone suppositories daily, and bi-weekly estrogen injections. The prescription pills will be gone, but the prenatals continue, obviously.
My upcoming weekend (post transfer) will be spent in complete bed rest, so look for more updates to come this weekend. I’ll have plenty of time on my hands to tell you all about the transfer itself.
In the meantime, I am very grateful for all of the prayers on our behalf. Jacob and I are looking forward to a happy ending to this long and arduous trial known as infertility.
7 comments:
You're a saint to deal with all these injections and pills and all else with such a positive attitude :) I think I'd be a beast. We'll be praying for you guys. It's about time that this works!!
Love, love, love, love, love, love, love you both! I'm sorry about the needles. Ick! We'll continue to pray, pray, pray for you!
I'm thinking while you're in bed this weekend I should get us both some kiwi loco and we can watch a couple episodes of Mad Men. What do you think? A
By the way, you look really cute in that picture. Love your outfit!
Sara- thanks for the compliment! A - I think Kiwi Loco sounds AH-mazing!
Oh sweety everyone I know is holding their breath and praying like crazy. Love M
Katie I was just talking to my husband this morning about you and thinking that it was about that time again! We are praying for your everyday!! I love you! Muah!!!
Post a Comment