It’s true what they say- opposites really do attract. Jacob and I are a good example of this principle. Having him home the last few weeks has made me wonder how I ever survived without him for an entire year! Jacob is a do-er. I’m a procrastinator. While I’m busy thinking of several different ways to fix a problem or, more likely, thinking of ways to avoid fixing a problem, Jacob already has it fixed. Done. Finished. What problem?
I don’t consider myself a messy person. Creative maybe. Scatterbrained, definitely. But I sure love having Jacob around to keep me organized.
I began thinking about this as I folded laundry last night. I had been thinking about doing laundry all weekend. Tonight I came upstairs and found a clean basket of laundry sitting on my bed. This surprised me for two reasons. One was because I never manage to wash and dry one load of laundry let alone complete the entire process in only one day, and two was because I was surprised that they hadn’t already been folded. I wondered what had stopped Jake from finishing the load? (Clearly I’m becoming lazy). However, I was so excited to finally be able to help with something that I jumped in and folded them immediately. That’s actually beside the point. Here is what I found when I tried to put away our socks.
My sock drawer:
Jake’s sock drawer:
Looking around the room I discovered other things that follow this same pattern.
Can you guess which bedside table belongs to me and which to him? (Yes, the clocks tell different times. That’s my fault. As a procrastinator I have failed to change the batteries in my clock for. . . about a year and a half now.)
I also need to show off the linen closet (just to brag a little).
I have no idea where anything goes anymore because it didn’t look like this last time I opened these closet doors, but it sure looks nice.
As does the man himself in his new Sunday suit!
I’m such a lucky girl!
5 comments:
Thank heaven for men to balance our lives. I am afraid that the opposite is true for us, though. When my Jacob came back, I had to relearn that sometimes it's ok to go to bed with the clean clothes still in the basket or shoes by the front door. He keeps me from being narotic...well, less narotic I guess
You are a lucly girl.
Hehe! I love this post. Mostly because it reminds me so much of...well...me (and Nate, of course). Boy, how self centered is that?? But it is nice having an opposite in your life. I can't imagine where I'd be without mine!
It's so awesome how our spouses complete us and help us to be better, and vice versa. :)
I agree with you completely :) So true! And I love the pictures illustrating your point. Perfect! I'm so glad you have your Jake back.
Post a Comment