The Twin Falls School District has teamed up with the College of Southern Idaho to offer free fitness classes for employees and their spouses. What a great deal!
L.O.L.
My friends and I decided to go to spinning tonight. It’s offered every Tuesday and Thursday. There were about fifteen of us in the class altogether and Jake came with me too which was nice.
About um… seven minutes into the program the lights were down and the music was loud and I remembered something really important that I had forgotten.
I hate exercise. A lot.
I have no endurance, no stamina, no tolerance for pain, nothing. To my friends out there who enjoy running marathons and going to the gym I want you to know that you’re nuts. Absolutely.
I survived the class. I never quit. I also didn’t follow all the directions. When the instructor said go faster I just kept going nice and steady. But I also think my resistance was higher than hers because she was pedaling so much faster than I was. Like, really, really fast. By the end of the class I was sweating like a Coke can in July. It was disgusting! My hair was running with rivulets of water and my make-up was smeared on my face. Nasty.
I am feeling much better now. One nice, hot, long shower, a handful of chicken nuggets with Winger’s sauce, and FOUR no bake chocolate chip cookies later I think I may recover. And I kind of like the wiggly feeling in my knees as I walk down the stairs. I won’t be going back this next Thursday because of a previous commitment, but I think I’ll go back again next week. Supposedly it gets easier and I’m all about easy.
5 comments:
Amen! You summed up exactly how I feel about exercise, except I like to recover with a piece of cake and Chinese takeout. ;)
I'm still laughing here :D I love your recovery program!
Oh Katie, the best is yet to come. Just wait until your backside starts to tell you just what it thinks of those horribly hard spinning seats tomorrow. The next class is going be pure torture. Then it starts to get better after that. But the only way for your butt to feel better is to keep going to the classes for at least 2 weeks. Then, you'll LOVE spinning.
At least I think you will. If I'm wrong, just remember, I live more than 3 hours away from you, so you're just going to have to come visit if you want to punch me in the arm ;) Mwah-hahaha-haaaa!!
Grace- I am going to give the Chinese take out recovery a try next week. And Laural, I seriously doubt I'll like it better so I'll have to make the drive to come punch you in the arm. I am not as sore today as I thought I would be but my butt is definitely where I'm the sorest.
I think we should have been twin sisters! :) Also, so glad to hear that Jake is home safe.
Wait, wait, wait, wait, hold up a minute.....did you say Jake went with you? I never thought of Jake as a bike person.
I used to do spinning with my sisters and loved it. I guess it suits me better than running does.
By the way, I also love the recovery and find myself doing the same thing.
Post a Comment