I haven’t posted any movie reviews for a while so I thought maybe it was time. It’s been so long I actually had to go back to my Netflix account just to remember which movies I’ve watched!
I should have about four weeks worth of movies to update but I only have three. Unless you count the fact that I watched two movies in one week. I was going to watch a movie this week but there was a 2 hour special of Lie to Me on FOX and a new Castle on ABC and so basically my television watching got in the way of my movie watching. This is going to be a continuing problem for me. You see, I watch a lot of television. Monday nights are Lie to Me and Castle. Tuesday nights are NCIS, NCIS:LA, and White Collar. Wednesday nights I go to mutual but I DVR Criminal Minds to watch on Friday nights. Thursday nights is Bones. Burn Notice was on Thursdays but that season just ended. Justified will begin in February. That doesn’t even include Royal Pains, Covert Affairs, and The Defenders, all of which I’m considering watching as well.
All of this leaves very little time for watching movies as you can see. I might have a television addiction, but I’m not about to give it up. It gives me something to look forward to every single night of the week. Plus, its not like I totally rearrange my life around the TV (except for Thursday night, Bones, but that is SOOO worth it). I am perfectly okay with missing an episode. It’s not the end of the world – that is why the DVR and Saturdays were invented.
Anyway, despite my excessive television watching I have also seen some actual movies. Here are the reviews:
In Love and War
Wow! Chris O'Donnell is cuter in this movie than he is in NCIS:LA and that is really saying something! I liked this movie a lot. It was loosely based on the story of Ernest Hemingway and his experience during WWI. I don’t know how accurate it is but I do know that if Jacob hadn’t called me just as the movie ended I probably would have cried all night long. It is a sad story. It is a love story. It is a war story. (What was I thinking?) It was a very good story. It gave me a greater appreciation for Hemingway’s novel A Farewell to Arms and to his life in general. As an English major I have read most of Hemingway’s novels and short stories. I can appreciate his talent but this story – however fictionalized- gave me a greater appreciation for his life. I’d give it a 3/5 stars but only because it was so sad, and I really shouldn’t watch sad war love stories.
Oscar
While I was in Albuquerque over New Years, we watched Oscar. I give this movie 5/5 stars. It was really cute and very fun. I think Sylvester Stallone did a great job in his comedic role. This movie borders on slap stick comedy about a man who is trying to give up the life of an Italian gangster during Prohibition but can’t seem to get out of the business. He works it out to his advantage of course. If you haven’t seen this movie I recommend adding it to your queue instantly. It’s a keeper!!
Inception
This is the other movie I watched the week I was in Albuquerque. We’re not going to count it because I’m still not sure I understood it. It was exciting. The actors all did a good job. But just thinking about it makes me a little cross-eyed. I’ll watch it again someday with Jake. And we’ll pause it every five minutes so he can explain to me what just happened. Won’t that be fun, Jake?
When in Rome
What is not to love about this movie? It is a perfect cookie-cutter stamped chick-flick movie. The stars were cute. The plot was romantic. There was love at first sight. There was a miscommunication. Then there was love again. Yea for Happy Movies!! I had never realized how tall Josh Duhamel is. He’s 6’3” according to IMDB. He looks taller than that in this movie. I give this movie a 4/5. It made me happy.
Now, what’s on TV?
3 comments:
Hey, I recently watched 2 of those movies too. Eerie! Hehe! I will have to check out the other 2 now. Although I have to wait for the right timing for that sad ones, they're a killer.
I have yet to watch inception, so do you want me to watch it with you for the first time, or watch it a few times first so I can explain it as we go? Not so sure I could explain it on the first go around.
You should probably watch it a few times before we watch it together because I am all sorts of confused. Or you could watch it with me for the first time and I could explain what I thought was going on and then you could be all sorts of confused with me.
Post a Comment