01 January 2011

Farewell 2010 – Welcome 2011

Dear 2010,

You are leaving and to you I say goodbye, and good riddance.  Never before have I counted down the days until a year would cease to exist with such excitement.  I have never been so anxious to see a year end, as I am to say adieu to 2010.  As December is coming to a close I am ready to herald your leaving with trumpets – or at least one of those party noise maker thingies. 

Not every moment of 2010 was bad. Some of my most cherished memories have occurred during this year. Two weddings,two births, a death and a deployment all in one year! Whew!! But to be quite frank, that was exhausting. And I’m glad that it is over.

Adios!

 

Dear 2011,

Welcome!!  

I look forward to your arrival as it marks an opportunity for a new beginning.  You are fresh and untainted. You are full of potential just waiting to be discovered.  I acknowledge the truth that you may not live up to my expectations, but that thought does not concern me right now. Actually, my expectations aren’t really all that high anyway. I am just glad you’re finally here!

Sincerely,

Katie

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so glad that you got to ring in this new and exciting year with us! I hope that this year is as fabulous and perfect as a year can be!

Kara said...

I could not agree with you more, I am just nervous that this new year won't be any better. I have my fingers crossed though, I just can't imagine it being any worse.