It was pointed out to me this morning by my Number-One follower that I had not updated my blog in a while. I asked him if he would like to take over the blogging responsibilities for a while, but he politely declined.
So. What’s been happening this summer? A million things! We’ve been working and playing hard all summer long.
I have spent several hours each week in my classroom continuing to work on curriculum for next year. The Common Core State Standards are coming and I plan to be ready for them! I also work with some great colleagues who have formed an impromptu/unpaid committee working to improve collaboration. It’s been super fun and I’m lucky to work with such awesome nerds. My summer reading list has over 20 books on it and more are being added every day. I’m falling behind and drowning in things to read!
Jake has been busy working too. He went to Cambodia for most of the month of May, but then got to take two weeks off in June. Like me, however, time off just means working in civilian clothes. There’s always something that needs to be done.
Cambodian children
Eating tarantula
Tourist-ey
Recognize this sign? Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!
We’ve been doing a lot of work on our yard- maybe I’ll blog about that later- and I’m pretty happy with the way things are starting to look. If only we can survive this heat!
Jake’s brother and his family came to visit for a week in June. That kept us hopping! We love visiting with them and cuddling our favorite (read:only) nephew and niece.
What’s a family reunion without some good shooting practice?
2 comments:
LOVE that last shot of you!!
Love pictures! Keep them coming :)
Post a Comment