There are only about four weeks until Baby Girl is due! This is going to go by pretty quick, and I feel like we have so much to do in order to get ready. I am feeling very overwhelmed with how much we don’t know about parenting and taking care of new babies. Yikes!
As far as the legalities of the adoption are concerned we are taking things one day at a time. The best case scenario is that 10 days after she is born, we will go to court, finalize the adoption, and move on as a family. The worst case scenario is that we’ll bring home a baby girl for 10 days or so, fall in love with her, and then her tribe will somehow prove that she must be raised with a Native American family. The most likely situation is somewhere in between. We may have to fight for her a bit, but in the end we feel pretty good about getting to keep her. In fact, I’m refusing to even think about that worst case scenario.
I don’t want to jinx anything so I’m just taking it one day at a time. We know that we will get to bring a baby home from the hospital so that is what we are preparing for. I know I will fall in love with her and bond with her and not want to give her up, but I’m not thinking about that right now. I’m just focusing on being ready to be the best parent possible for the first 24 hours, and then the next 24 hours, and then the next 24 hours, and then...
3 comments:
And you will be the best parent ever. Don't worry about brushing up on newborn care. In the ends, all those words in all those books don't mean much. Mommy's love is what makes up the difference. You'll be just fine. This is so very very happy :D :D :D
She's going to be the loveliest little sweetheart ever.
This is awesome! It will all work out, it just has to. You guys are going to be great parents. :D
I am so excited for you Katie!!! I will keep you in my prayers, that all will go well so that the adoption will go smoothly!!! I love you and think of you often! We need to get together!
Post a Comment