30 December 2012

Women in the Scriptures

While perusing Pinterest the other day I noticed a picture that looked like this:

I didn’t know what it was, but I was intrigued by the word CHALLENGE at the bottom.  The link took me to a site called womeninthescriptures.blogspot.com
I highly recommend that you check out this site. The challenge is this- read the scriptures and mark every section that refers to women in any way.  Keep a journal or notebook of thoughts, inspirations, and facts that you learn about the women.  I will be taking the full challenge this year. In an attempt to keep my resolution of being my best self I think that includes amping up my scripture study and this is a good motivating factor. I’m even starting in Genesis!!
**Note: The author of this website is LDS. She includes the Book of Mormon in the scriptural challenge. However, if you are not LDS but are interested, please join me in reading the King James Bible and finding out more about the women that are mentioned there. Scripture study is for all faiths! **
While you are perusing this wonderful site, I also recommend the post entitled “Infertility and the Scriptural Promise.” Click the title to go directly there.
Let me know if you decide to take the challenge too!

3 comments:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Yay! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Genesis is full of women, it is one of my favorite books to study! Best wishes, and keep at it even if it takes longer than a year :)

Lucky Starfish said...

This is Awesome, Katie! Thank You for sharing. I need something like this this year, so thank you.

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

Jill, I'm glad that you are reading my blog. I am sorry to see that you haven't blogged since September. You should keep it up and blog about how your scripture reading is going. :)