21 November 2012

Hi… I’m back.

I didn’t mean to disappear from the blogging world, it just kind of happened. After my last post, life got complicated and keeping up on my journal didn’t make the cut in my priorities.  Sorry.

Anyway, enough with excuses. 

Tonight is Thanksgiving Eve. I am sitting in my kitchen, smelling homemade chicken noodle soup and snacking on chocolate chips. I was watching MI-5 on Netflix and contemplating making cookies with the chocolate chips, but then my internet crashed so I decided to blog instead. (I’ll post this when the wireless comes back up.)

A lot has not happened here since I last posted. School started so I went back to work. Jake has been working in Pocatello, but was transferred home just this week. Starting Monday, I have my husband back. : )  It’s pretty much the same ol’ thing as always.

Tomorrow we are going to my mom’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. Friday I am cooking dinner for the missionaries and having some family over too. That’s the reason for the soup. I thought I’d do a test run before I have to cook it for company in two days. Saturday is a second Thanksgiving type dinner with the in-laws and out of town family.  Sunday is a day of rest, thankfully.

I love this time of year. Autumn is my favorite season and Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday.  I have a lot to be thankful for this year and I have made a point of thanking my Father in Heaven daily for the blessings in my life.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am back. I’ll try to write a few “catch-up posts” in the next few days, if anyone is interested. And, as always, we’re still hoping to adopt so please keep your ears open for us.  Thanks!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i missed you. welcome back. enjoy your holidays. i love autumn too :)

Curtis and Crystal Emery said...

Good, you're back! I was hoping all was well.

Becky said...

Yay, you're back!

7aura7 said...

So good to hear from you again :) I'm very glad to hear that you have your husband home again. Yay!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Grace said...

I'm glad you're back, I enjoy hearing about your life. :)