21 June 2011

A Speedy Send-Off

Nobody likes to say goodbye. So what if we just avoid it all together? What if instead of hugs and kisses and tears and then more hugs, we just gave a quick peck on the cheek and yelled, “Go… I love you!” Well, that’s kind of how I sent Jake back to work this morning.

Due to technical alarm clock difficulties, we overslept – by almost two hours! Instead of checking into the airport at 5:30, we awoke at 5:47 when Teddi called from the airport to find out where we were. I pulled into the airport at 6:02, an insane 15 speed-infused minutes later.  Within another 15 minutes Jacob was boarding the plane amidst applause from the other passengers. 

DSCN1041[1]

When I came back home I found globs of shaving cream splattered all over the bathroom countertop, the house in disarray- evidence of our speedy morning.  It’s very quiet here now, empty. We had a fabulous fun-filled two weeks, that I will probably post about later.  Now,  I’m going to grab a nap and a shower and hope that Jake gets one too.

Since I didn’t get a chance to say good bye this is to my soldier: I love you. Be safe. I am already counting down the days until you come home again. You are the light of my life. . . xxoo

2 comments:

Jennifer Eyring said...

And I bet you were right on time on Monday. Go figure. At least you got to spend an extra day together.

The Cook Clan said...

What a fun time to spend together! That stinks to have to say goodbye so soon.