Sammy is a new addition to our family this summer! He is a very ferocious 12 week old Black Lab/English Pointer Cross guard dog
Sammy was one of ten puppies from his litter. Most of them were sold but the remaining few were given to the Magic Valley Animal Shelter, which is where we found Sammy on Thursday. We brought him home on Friday and introduced him to Frank, the cat. Frank was NOT happy about our new addition. When Jake got them too close together, Frank got so scared he bit Jake and then tinkled on the floor! He hasn’t come upstairs since then!
(Jake was taken to the E.R. on Saturday when his hand swelled up. He’s on antibiotics and doing much better.)
Sammy loves to play outside, have his tummy rubbed, and chew on everything.
Even the floor . . .
When I caught him eating and then vomiting up rocks in the yard, I jumped on Google (what did we do before Google?) and discovered that eating rocks is BAD! Who would have guessed? But a nice substitute for rocks is ice. I think Sammy agrees. He hasn’t chewed on the floor since I gave him a big bowl of ice cubes!
Sammy’s favorite part of being outside, beside the large collection of rocks, is playing in the grass. This is a video of how Sammy “walks” when he is on the grass. . .
9 comments:
That is exactly how he was "walking" on the grass this afternoon when I let him out after church. He is so cute and friendly!
Oh, he is so stinkin' cute! I'm glad you got a puppy. It's a good thing they're adorable though, because they're a handful! And yes, eating rocks is bad. (We try to tell Zsolt that all the time.)Loved the post- it made me laugh.
Yay! He is such a cutie :) I love black lab mixes, but they are a handful those first few years! They're so worth it though. His walk is adorable.
Poor Frank, losing all semblance of dignity like that. Hopefully he'll recover enough to show his face again soon. He'll find out that dogs really aren't all that bad.
I'm glad to see that the lazy dog part of him didn't completely go away when you got him home! But I guess neither did the chewing. . .
Awwww, he is SOOO cute! It makes me miss the labs I grew up with. Can I bring Alex over sometime to see him? He loves dogs but doesn't ever get the opportunity to pet them.
Our lab used to "walk" that way on the grass too. Must be a lab thing or puppy thing or...He's adorable. I got kind of mixed up there for a minute as to whether Jake bit Frank and Jake tinkled or Frank bit Jake and Frank tinkled. ;o) I finally figured it out with the pictures on the biting part. DON'T bother to show me the tinkle part. I think I got it!
Yay! You found a puppy. What a fun thing! I am so excited that you found one to love. Bring him walking with us when you get back from you trip. Judy Wall and I were just talking about you tonight and she asked me if you were still planning on getting one. She misses you guys so much! And I am missing our walks together. So excited for your return. But I hope you are having so much fun and some much needed relaxation! Congrats again on the new addition!
Aw! Sammy is so cute! Gypsy would do that too, we called it the "commando crawl." What a cute 'lil pup you have :)
Post a Comment