Last Saturday we woke up to snow on the ground. I was soooo excited. I knew it wouldn't last and so I decided to make the most of it. I cancelled my previous plans (to read 20lbs of essays, but that's another post), and made new plans that complimented the weather.
First, I ran to Kmart and searched until I found a new jigsaw puzzle that looked pretty but challenging. I chose "Flags over the Capitol Building" by Thomas Kinkade. Then, I came home and made homemade rolls and potato soup. Jake and I ate lunch together then went downstairs, set up the card tables and spent the rest of the weekend vegging in front of the television putting together a jigsaw puzzle! It was a great way to spend a windy, snowy, icky weekend. Not only did I do some yummy cooking (with enough left overs I may never need to cook again), but we spent two whole days having fun.
How is it that hooking two pieces of painted cardboard together can be so exciting? I always feel very successful when I find two pieces that match. When I put a whole section together, I start thinking that I may be the smartest person ever. The completed picture is always the best. It only took us two days because neither of us like to give up on a challenge. Once I would start looking for a specific piece I couldn't quit until I'd found it. Of course, that led to another piece I had to have. We stayed up late working on the puzzle, and where did I find Jake the next morning after my shower? Downstairs working on the puzzle before church. We've had the puzzle up all week long to look at it. We put to much work into it to take it down right away.
I love puzzle weather!
2 comments:
Loved the idea! I use to love to watch Teresa do puzzles when she was a teenager. I never had the patience but at one time she covered her bedroom wall with all the puzzles she had put together! And they were complicated ones!!I Liked your finished product. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love you Two!! Grandma Betty
I love it! Is snuggling up by the fireplace (if you have one?) with a book and hot chocolate next on the list? That's my first snow time activity. Have you considered modge-podging the puzzle and framing it? Love ya!
Post a Comment