23 June 2009

Walking the Canyon

Every summer I promise myself that I am going to get in shape by exercising and eating right. This summer I am actually doing it!!!!!
My friend Emily and I have been getting up early every morning (7:00) and walking the canyon. About half way down there is a split in the road. The road on the left leads down to Canyon Springs Golf Course, and the road to the right leads to Centennial Park. From the top of the canyon to the Park is exactly one mile and from the split in the road to the Golf Course is half a mile. If we start at the split in the road and walk the whole thing we do an entire three miles!!!

For those of you who are not from the Twin Falls area here are some pictures of the canyon:

This picture is from the park entrance. We walk all the way to the top of the canyon!


This is from the top of the canyon looking down to the Golf Course. That's Emily at the bottom of the screen. :)

Even though the hike is exhausting and we are super tired by the time we are done there are some great views that keep us motivated as we go along. Here are some of the beautiful things we get to see every morning.This waterfall is about half way up. We keep telling ourselves, "If we can just make it to the waterfall. . . " Sometimes we take a break and detour behind the waterfall for a refreshing break. Not to mention an amazing view!

And who doesn't like looking at the Perrine Bridge with the sun rising behind it? This picture was taken after the sunrise but it was still beautiful!

5 comments:

7aura7 said...

Good for you! :) What a cool hike.

The Cook Clan said...

I love walking the canyon! I try to do it every morning as well. I walk a different part though since I'm pushing a double stroller. I start at the road where it curves to go down to the canyon, and walk towards the vistors center and past a ways, then back. It ends up being around 3 1/2 miles as well. Such a pretty walk!

Sara said...

Wow, that is so great! I hope you can keep it up - I have never been able to. :)

Betty said...

Sounds Wonderful! I am glad you are back to bloging again. I check every chance I get to find out what is happening in your lives. You and jake are always in our prayers! Grandma Betty

Christy said...

Hi Katie! I walk with a couple of friends and our babies every tuesday and thursday! We get a later start though! We start in Centennial Park, go under the bridge past the shopping center, then back down! Hopefully I will see you around! Sure love ya!