On Memorial Day we spent the whole morning out in the rosebushes. I am not good at weeding flower beds because I can always think of something else that I would rather be doing. So Jake and I went to Lowe's and bought the black fabric weed barrier stuff and 20 bags of red lava rock.
First, we planted rose bushes that I had bought earlier that week. Next, we shoveled out all of the extra dirt in the beds. Then, we had to lay out the black fabric and cut it to go around the roses. Finally, we poured out the red rock. I say "we" but actually it was Jake. The only thing I did was help cut the fabric and hold the shovel for him when he wasn't using it.
Unfortunately we discovered that 20 bags was not nearly enough so Jake went to Home Depot and bought 40 more bags! (Lowe's and Home Depot both had special sales on Memorial Day for Veterans. Yea for places that support our troops!) The dye on the Home Depot rock was a different shade than the Lowe's rock but we mixed it around and you can't really tell.
I didn't get any pictures of the actual yard work but here are some pictures of the finished project! It looks great!
1 comment:
It's looks really good! :) Yay for weed barriers! and yay for Jake for being such a good hubby :)
Post a Comment