01 November 2008

Holiday countdown . . .



The holiday season finally started when Halloween snuck up on us. Now Halloween is over and its only a matter of moments before it is Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I've been told that Wal-mart had a huge, decorated Christmas tree in the entrance of their store this morning. Ew! Halloween has only been over for a few hours! I think it is so sad that all of the stores skip right over Thanksgiving and go straight for Christmas. Personally, my favorite holiday of the year is Thanksgiving (right next to the Fourth of July). Although I think I like it because it's not as commercialized, so if the stores did recognize it more it might diminish my enjoyment of the holiday. I love to decorate for Thanksgiving. I collect pilgrim sets. I have at least five sets of them. I am trying to limit myself to one set a year, but sometimes I can't help myself if they're cute enough. Also, I made an apple pie this morning, just to get myself in the baking mood. I'm glad I did too. It tasted good but it didn't set up right so I'll need to practice and get it down to an art before the big Thanksgiving dinner! Yum!


2 comments:

Mark and Kimmi said...

I feel the same way! I hate that Christmas is in stores already. Oh well. Come see bethany and I this weekend at the craft fair! But beware.... they are playing christmas music....

The Cook Clan said...

I think that is neat that you collect pilgrams. It bugged me that they played Christmas music at the Craft fair even though it was a harvest festival. Oh, well.